V Allerhand Dispute Resolution, Mediation and Arbitration SummitV Kongres Sporów Sądowych, Mediacji i Arbitrażu
7 June 2018 │ 7 czerwca 2018
Klub Adwokata, ul. Sławkowska 1, Kraków
Arbitration in CEE
New issues on the field of ADR in CEE
Development of mediation in CEE
09:00 – 09:30 Morning coffee and registration
09:30 – 10:00 Opening │Keynote speech Recent trends in arbitration in Poland and CEE: lessons from the past and the outlook for the future (Justyna Szpara, Łaszczuk & Partners)
10:00 – 11:45 Arbitration in CEE
- Main features of the Arbitration reform in Lithuania (Albertas Sekstelo, TGS BALTIC) – chair
- CEE Investment Arbitration following the Achmea ruling (Krzysztof Korwin-Kossakowski, Bird & Bird)
- Changes on Rules and Law & Jurisprudence: DIS, SWISS, ICC, VIAC (Ralph Kilches)
- Pitfalls in the CEE arbitration and how to overcome them (Michał Čáp, Rowan Legal)
- Implications of the Russian arbitration reform (Fredrik Ringquist, Mannheimer Swartling)
- Main features of the Arbitration reform in Lithuania (Albertas Sekstelo, TGS BALTIC)
11:45 – 12:15 Coffee break
12:15 – 14:00 New issues on the field of ADR in CEE
- From Specific ADR Methods to Dispute Management (Johannes Willheim, Jones Day) – chair
- The Prague Rules on Conduct of the Taking of Evidence (Paweł Pietkiewicz, Greenberg Traurig)
- Tendencies in the latest caselaw of the Bulgarian Supreme Court on enforcement and set-aside of arbitral awards (Metodi Baykushev, Dimitrov, Petrov & Co)
- Arbitration reform in Russia: a new start or the end of commercial arbitration (Lilia Klochenko, AKP Best Advice)
- Regional ADR centres – does it make sense? (Michał Babij, Małopolskie Centrum Arbitrażu i Mediacji)
14:00 – 15:00 Lunch
15:00 – 16:45 Development of mediation in CEE
- Roman Rewald – chair
- Mediating Among the Mediators – do we have consistent standards on enforcement of settlement agreements resulting from mediation? (Małgorzata Kożuch)
- Mediation in tax disputes in Poland – will it be ever possible? (Dariusz Wasylkowski, Wardyński & Partners)
- Mediation in Hindsight: Six years of Czech Mediation Law (Martin Svatos)
- Mediation, a key to business success in Eastern Europe. Can it exist in Eastern Europe and in the Balkans? (Dima Alexandrova)
- Is Poland ready for obligatory mediation? (Violetta Wysok, Wysok Legal)
16:45 – 17:00 Closing remarks
Partner of the Global Disputes and Energy Practice Groups of Jones Day. He has over 20 years of experience as party representative and arbitrator in large-scale and high-stakes international arbitration as well as cross-border litigation.
President of Lewiatan Mediation Center at the Employers’ Confederation Lewiatan. Retired partner at Weil, Gotshal & Manges.
Attorney-at-law, mediator, (Phd in International and European Law - Jagiellonian University) Senior lecturer at the Chair of European Law at the Jagiellonian University in Poland. She is a member of Alternative Dispute Resolution Center of Jagiellonian University.
Senior Associate at law firm TGS Baltic (former Tark Grunte Sutkiene)
Lawyer practising in the field of commercial law, court mediator, Enterprise Europe Network legal consultant, creator and head of Arbitration and Mediation Centre of Malopolska Region at Krakow Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Attorney and tax adviser and the partner of Wardyński i Wspólnicy in charge of the Tax Practice and the State Aid Practice.
Attorney and partner in Mannheimer Swartling’s practice group for Dispute Resolution. Has experience of disputes from a wide range of industry sectors including those of the ICC, ICSID, LCIA, SCC and UNCITRAL.
Attorney and associate in the dispute resolution team at the Polish Bird & Bird office. Has been advising clients since 2010, and specialises in dispute resolution and arbitration proceedings before common courts, including international investment arbitration.
Attorney-at-Law and Mediator in commercial practice in Bulgaria and a co-chair of the IBA Young Mediators` Subcommittee. She holds an LLM degree from King`s College London and Sofia University, having been a negotiation coach for both institutions.
Founder of Kilches Rechtsanwaltskanzlei / Kilches - Legal. Litigation (appr. 1800 cases handled) and arbitration lawyer with broad experience in M&A.
Advocate and the managing partner of Łaszczuk & Partners. Member of the Arbitration Commission of the Polish Bar Council and Honorary Treasurer of (AIJA).
Lawyer at Greenberg Traurig. Has extensive experience as an arbitrator in proceedings conducted on the basis of the rules of Court of Arbitration at the National Chamber of Commerce in Warsaw, the Court of Arbitration “Lewiatan”, and the Court of Arbitration at the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris.
PhD jur., FCIArb, attorney at law, Managing partner at AKP Best Advice Law Firm (Russia) Member of the Nomination Committee Maritime Arbitration Commission at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation.
Managing Partner and Head of Dispute Resolution at Dimitrov, Petrov & Co. Co-head of the Public Procurement Practice. Secretary General of the ICC Bulgaria National Committee, Member of the Arbitration Commission of ICC Bulgaria and of the Nominations Committee of ICC Bulgaria.
Legal counsel and a commercial mediator. She was an arbitrator in about 40 commercial disputes, a mediator in over 200 commercial disputes and acted as an attorney in numerous court and arbitration proceedings.
One of the leading Czech mediators and arbitrators. He has acted in more than 200 both international and domestic cases in mediation (listed by the Ministry of Justice of the Czech Republic and by the Energy Community).
LLM, MCIArb, is Senior Associate / Attorney in law (2012) working with Rowan Legal. member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb). Selected as Vice-Chair of the CIArb European Branch in April 2018.
Advocate, mediator (since 2010), arbitrator. Officer and Regional Representative for Europe of the Mediation Committee of the International Bar Association. Member of the Dispute Resolution Section of the Allerhand Institute.
Attorney at law at Kubas Kos Gałkowski Law Firm. Rerepresentative at the European Federation for Investment Law and Arbitration (EFILA) and a member of the Dispute Resolution Section of the Allerhand Institute.
The cost of participation
Additional: Don’t miss the opportunity to forge connections during the Conference Banquet taking place at Albertina Restaurant & Wine at Dominikańska 3, on 6th June at 19:30 Surcharge 250 zł netto (food and wine included in the price). The event is
Members of the Academic Society of the Allerhand Institute and Scientific Sections of the IA will receive 50% discount on participation in the Summit
A special price of 130 PLN netto for students and attorney/legal advisor trainees
(Cena specjalna w wysokości 130 PLN netto dla studentów oraz aplikantów adwokackich i radcowskich)